Friday, August 18, 2006

Feeling the Mo Flow...



Phil, Rach, Mark, and I had a great time today meeting people, sharing information about our ministry, and watching God work in our lives and in the lives of others.

This pic is of a neat group of guys from Mexico. They flew to Cincy just for the tournament. We enjoyed talking and laughing with them. Mark (2nd from rt) is one of my fulltime Christian tennis academy students. He is also from Mexico! His parents are missionaries who plant churches. All of these funny guys are planning to come to our ICTA Church Service on Sunday at 10am. Will be great to have them join us.

Our missions team has really began to gel. The momentum has swung in our favor and we feel strong and on fire for God. Much like a tennis match has its own momentum, a mission trip does as well!

Planning and implementing a large scale, short-term mission trip is a big task. 100's of hours of work go into making it a success. There is truly much love we put in!

This mission trip to Cincy started out really rough. Satan was at his best (worst) to make life difficult for us. The mo began to change when we visited our ministry friends in Birmingham, Alabama on our way to Cincy. Spending time with people who love us means so much!

Plus, Brent came to see me! What an awesome suprise. Brent spent a semester with me, then earned a full college scholarship to a junior college in Bama. It is always so good to spend time with a former student who appreciates all the love and hard work I put into developing them. Brent's big hugs were the best.

Upon arrival in Cincy, our missions team began working very hard. God began blessing our work!

We felt the God of the universe using us in many special ways. Let me give you a few examples! Bibles & Christian books went out to 100's of people. Our "God is Good" fans were everywhere! A very famous tennis player showed fantastic interest in our exhibitor's booth.

Another famous player & his coach received our Christian books! Seekers found a place to see Christ reflecting off of us. Strong relationships were formed with pastors & youth pastors. My friend, Phil (next to me in pic), has seen God direct him into tennis ministry in a big way... in fact, I would say he will soon be one of the bigtime names in Christian tennis ministry.

I almost didn't bring ICTA to this event! I'm focused heavily on doing what it takes to build a tennis facility for ICTA, plus developing the Scott Paschal Tennis Tour Co. Plus, a mission trips is exhausting. Really, really exhausting.

That said, I almost didn't come. But, we did. For this God is blessing more at this event than at any other we have attended. He wanted us here for many reasons. He needed work to be done and no one else is willing to do it. So, here we are.

We have 2 more days, then back to Palm Coast after a night's rest in Birmingham. I have special students coming in from America and internationally for our Christian tennis academy's Fall 2006 Semester. That is always exciting!

God is blessing our efforts. I'm feeling the Mo and loving it!

God bless!

Scott Paschal
386 793 0557
www.christiantennis.net

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Paul in Galations 2:20