Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Home Sweet Home


We're home.

It is so good to be in my own house sitting in my comfy chair typing on my old keyboard.

I'm tired. Really tired. Tonite, after I answer a few emails, I'll sleep till I wake up. No alarm, no schedule, no meetings. Just me letting my body rest.

Then, tomorrow, I'm going to try and let my mind rest. That will be hard because we've been on the road for 2 weeks straight. My brain has been on hyper. I'm physically tired and mentally tired. Two weeks is a long time.

But, one aspect which is not tired, one major part of my life which has been grown and developed in major ways, one side of Scott Paschal which has been led to a new level... is the special place in my heart which worships the God of the universe.

I feel like I've walked with and talked to Jesus for 2 weeks straight. I've seen His hands of Grace covering me through all my mistakes, worries, fears, and inadequacies. When I said no way, he said My way. When I said I can't, He said He can. When I stumbled and fell, He picked me up and pushed me forward.

These last 2 weeks, I've been on three mission trips. One to Cincy, one with God, the other to my heart.

In Cincy, God used ICTA to share the Good News to thousands in a general way, and to a dozen or so in a personal way. In Cincy, friendships were deepened and relationships were born. In Cincy, ICTA gathered believers in a common goal. In Cincy, ICTA enjoyed it's best mission trip ever.

In my heart, God ministered to me. In my heart, God brought those people into and around my life to show me He is real and still cares. In my heart, God reminded me it's about Him, not them or me. In my heart, God said He will, when others said they won't.

Today, I spent time reaching out to the hardened places inside my soul which relentlessly push me to do better or to do more. God's patience and grace have worked in my heart and have given me the ability to say I've done a good job. That if I were to die tomorrow, He would say well done faithful servant.

That when I spend hour after hour in frustration wondering if I did enough, if I worked hard enough, if I talked to enough people, if I had enough patience, if I gave out enough Bibles, if I preached a good enough sermon, if I was enough of a friend, coach, or ministry director, if I handled all the paperwork properly enough, if I reflected Him enough... that He helped me understand that He is enough.

It's not about me, you, or them.

It's about Him. He is enough. It's about the God of the universe.

Today, I arrived home... in many ways, I am home.

Scotty