Monday, December 18, 2006

Alina

Alina... if you are able to read this know Coach Scotty loves you and has you in his prayers. We all miss you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

To everyone else...

Hey there! See the pic on the left? That's Alina. Alina is from Russia. She came to train with me several years ago. When Alina was 14 she was #5 in Russia. She was an amazing player! Currently, she is in her junior year of college in Moscow.

Alina's life has not always been easy. Like many Russians, she had been abused by a coach. Alina also had an eating disorder. In this picture she looks fantastic... very healthy and strong. Yet, when she went back home to Russia her eating disorder took over. Did you know many Russian coaches instruct their players to regurgitate their food after eating. I think the abuse Alina suffered helped lead her to become addicted to her "coached" eating disorder.

Isaiah 53:4 says, "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows." Why did Jesus live on earth as long as he did? Couldn't he have just stayed for a few hours, days, or weeks? Yet, he chose to lead a sinless life. He wanted to live through all of life's sorrows. This Jesus did so you would trust him.

Alina is very special to me. I still remember the day Rachel and I picked her up from the airport in Dallas. She trained with me and we traveled to pro tournaments. I worked very hard to guide Alina both on and off the tennis court. She improved so much and we bonded very well!

I've been through hard times, also. Those hard times helped me understand Alina's struggles. I gained her trust by my compassion, guidance, and understanding.

Jesus lived a sinless life on earth. He went through all trials and temptations. He understands your difficulties. Jesus loves you and is always waiting for you to turn to him. Give your life to Jesus. Whatever troubles have come your way, know the creator of the universe made you in his image for his purposes.

He is in total control and he is waiting for you to run to him!

God bless,

Scotty