Saturday, April 14, 2007

Christian Tennis Academy Red...



Sunny and beautiful! That's what yesterday was all about. Perfect Florida weather. Great for tennis, great for shopping, great for driving... just perfect.

Speaking of tennis, what a terrific workout the kids enjoyed. For Mark and Joseph, they spent 6 hours improving their fitness and their doubles skills. They played 3 different WTA ranked pro tennis players in 2 on 1 matches. These two junior guys were ready for battle, even wearing matching outfits!!

Mark serving while Joe waits to poach!

Both boys had a great time improving their specialty shots and doubles skills. Plus, they got to hit with 3 gorgeous Christian WTA ranked pro tennis players for 6 hours! Who gets to do that!!?


Melody Snelen blasting a forehand.

Mark and Joe lost all their sets, including some bagels! But they also had some close sets, maybe 7-5 or 6-4 twice, and learned so much from hitting with such smart and powerful players.

Melody is recently recovering from a serious wrist injury she suffered early last year when training with one of the WTA ranked players I formerly trained full time, Julia Vakulenko. While Julia, after training with me for just 2 months, went on to immediately reach her highest career WTA ranking of #51 WTA, Melody had to stop playing tennis for 4 months, then rehab for 8 months.

The good news for Melody Snelen is she is healing and is close to 100%.

Next month, Melody Snelen is going on a cruise with David Nasser's family aboard the Music Boat before she competes in several ITF Pro Circuit tournaments in the USA and Mexico. The Music Boat Cruise is sailing to Jamaica! She is incredibly excited about time with friends on the cruise (David is a speaker for the cruise), meeting new people on the cruise, and journeying on several ICTA Pro Team mission trips after the cruise ends! In fact, Mel will fly directly from Miami to a pro tournament in Mazatlan, Mexico.

Joe preparing to ride his bike after his workout.

This was a fun day hitting and coaching. I really love coaching.

My time is becoming a bit limited as I am heavily into developing my new ministry, preparing for my tennis tour company's first tour to the 2007 US OPEN with ICTA members, and developing the business plan and blueprints for my upcoming tennis facility.

But, though these new responsibilities are highly important, even life changing, my students are my #1 priority.

I coach not because I have to, but because I want to. In fact, my goal is to offer completely free training to all students I bring in full time for my ICTA Junior Teams. A new tennis facility, free tennis training, cutting edge missions training programs, world class leadership seminars, tennis teams... good stuff! God is blessing!

God bless,

Scott Paschal
www.christiantennis.net