Monday, April 09, 2007

Scotty's Big Date!!!??

Ok, ok... I'll talk. Enough with the emails and phone calls already!

Yes, yes, yes. To answer all of you at once YES. It was me at the restaurant with one of the top WTA players in the world.

Ok, there. Are you happy? I hope so.

And yes, I look forward to getting to know her better. And yes, we talked about the future.

Ok, nosey!? Is that enough to settle you down?

Listen, that's about all I'm going to say for now.

What about the rumor I might want to coach her? Nope. You couldn't pay me enough. Most of these pro tour coaches don't coach, they manage. I dislike managing. I love coaching. Thus, I wouldn't agree to work with someone even Federer's level as a coach/manager! I don't manage. Managing stinks for guys with ADHD like me. Coaching good, managing bad.

What about the rumor I'm her father? Ok, smart guy, how about I meet you out back and we discuss my age in an old-school Italian style type of way. If you had half my energy....

What about the rumor I am her agent or want to become her agent? Nope. Though we did talk about her modeling and potential clients. I don't have time or interest to be an agent of a tennis player.

What about the rumor she is becoming involved with ICTA? Ok, we did somewhat talk along those lines at one point. What player wouldn't want to get involved with ICTA!? This organization leads people to Christ, plain and simple. If you believe in Jesus, you want to help ICTA. But, that's not why we have seen each other.

What about the rumor she is obviously blind? Thanks. How about you meet me out back with the other guy? Know what I'm talkin' about pal?

Any other questions out there?

To wrap this up... yes, I was at the restaraunt with her. It was me. We hung out inside the place, then we hung out outside the place. I've introduced her to some people I know. We made plans to see each other later. We saw each other later. So, we'll see what goes from here.

For those of you who have no idea what 'm talking about or who she is, good! Do you know of her? I'd say 90% of you do. Unless you've been in a cave somewhere.

Am I going to tell you who she is? Nope.

Am I going to give you a hint who she is? Nope.

Am I writing about this any more? Nope. :)

Scotty