Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jesus!


But when the fullnes of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under them law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!'" Galations 4:4-6


I went walking last night, kinda late. I looked up after a mile or so. Man, the sky was clear. I could see a few billion miles. You know, it can be areally powerful thought to know you are a child of the God who created all that is up there. There's a lot of stuff up there, too.

Today, as I drove to pick up a rental car, I saw a teen walking by the side of the road in the rain. Just a t-shirt, no jacket. He was walking slow and looked pretty sad this Christmas. I was him when I was a teen. He brought back some memories. But, my problem back then is no one taught me to look up. I needed someone to take the time and teach me why I needed to look up and not look down.

I know not many people have that great family we all think others have. Yet, we do have a great Father. No matter how rough 2006 was, start looking up. Read your Bible and do what it says. Have you been doing that? If not, get started. And pray, everyday talk to your Dad in heaven. Tell him everything and ask him to help you. It works. I know, I actually did it and my life changed.

The birth of Jesus is the most powerful event in human history.

Happy Birthday, Jesus!