Sunday, December 24, 2006

More Christmas Cards & Letters...!!

Scotty and the ICTA staff,

MERRY CHRISTMAS from Canada

Continue In God's leading and remember you are not alone- never.

I just got back from a tennis holiday in Mexico with three tennis
buddies from home.

I have had an opportunity to witness to two of them!! They wanted to
know why- I believe the way I do. What I think about the crazy world
events, global warming, earthquakes, etc.

Anyways these guys are hard core tennis players and I ask for your
prayers during my walk and leading of them to the Saviour.

I hope to talk to you during one of the big events and maybe even
eventually bring the boys to clinic someday.

Richard (Rick) B
----------------------------------

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I am so very thankfull for your ministry to the tennis community. You are on the list of ministries I pray for regularly. I pray the Lord will give you a very fruitful ministry and keep you in the center of His perfect will.

God Bless.
Jack
-------------------------------------

dear icta. we have not had the pleasure of meeting but is so great what you are doing and I would love to be a part of it. my name is Liz. I live in Cincinnati Ohio that was my first exposure to the group. I am getting ready to move to Las vegas, so I would love to stay in touch with someone. Thanks, Liz


-------------------------------------
hey scotty,thnx for the e_mail and i wish u and all the stuff a happy
and wonderful christmas,and i will look forward coach from you to send me
all the news about the academy,for now have a nice day.

best regards

hussein mohammed hamade
malaysia
-------------------------------------
Hi Scott and Staff,

My name is Sarah ---- and I am currently a 21-year old senior on the ---- women's tennis team. I'll graduate in August and I'm very excited! (I played 2 years at the University of ---- and then transferred to ----)

My mom came across your website a year or so ago, and I am happy to finally get in touch with y'all. Basically, I have always wanted to play professional tennis, and with my college career coming to an end I know I still have more left in me.

I am in the process of making tennis plans for the future and I wanted to look into your program as a possiblity of a training, working, or in some way fitting in with my tennis ambitions. I would love to hear more about your program as y'all continuously serve the Lord while playing a sport you love.

I was so shocked to hear about your place a year ago, but now I'm even more excited to see what the future holds for y'all and how I may be able to be a part of it.
Thanks for your time.

Merry Christmas !
Sarah
-------------------------------------

Hi Scotty, Nice to see a note from you. Wishing you and the fam there a good one as well. All the best. Great tennis and good living. JB

-------------------------------------

Hey Scotty

I think you changed your email, not sure if this is the good one, but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, we have to meet in 2007 for sure..
Juan
-------------------------------------



Dear ICTA staff
I live in Australia and will be in Melbourne for the Australian Open, I was just wondering if you will have people from ICTA down under this year
Cheers
Marcos

-------------------------------------

Hi Scott,
I received your mail and i'm happy about what is happening in the sport ministry (International Christian Tennis Association) and being a partaker of this golden opportunity to be a member of this highly esteem association.

I want to use this opportunity yo inform you that whenever you 're having any tournament i will like to be in your midst by God's grace so as to know each other very well.
My prayer is that may the good Lord help, bless, empower, strenghten, energize, equip you and every member for the great task ahead of you in the year 2007.

May this season bring you joy, blessings, promotion, and good things. I wish you a merry christmas and prosperous new year.
Thanks.
Yours in His Service,
Araotanlaye Ayodele O
-------------------------------------

Merry Christmas!! Isn't God so good sending his Son to earth? I know you are reaching alot of people and pray that your ministry continues to be blessed as you bless others. See you at The Tennis Channel Open in Vegas.

In Christ,

Susan S

-------------------------------------

Hi Coach Scotty:

We're a Christian Tennis family in Arkansas. We enjoy your
newsletters. Since you asked for CHRISTmas cards to be sent, we thought we'd
share ours with you!

Blessings,
The Matises
-------------------------------------

Thanks for the Christmas note,
Will you all be coming back to Las Vegas for the Tennis Channel Open in Feb? I had co-chaired one of the volunteer commitees last year but am free this year, if there is anyway I can help, please let me know.
Annette

-------------------------------------

I am looking for a Director of Tennis for a major Tennis and Fitness Club. 20 acres 16 courts, Indoor racquetball, fitness etc. Merry Christmas to you and your organization.
Charlie


-------------------------------------


Please pray for the health of my mom, Mary, who has Parkinson's and
for my brother, Chris, who faces a daily battle to remain clean and
sober.

-------------------------------------

Dear brother Scottie:
I wish you and you staff a Merry Christmas and a whole lot of blessing from Our Lord next year. May the Lord continue to bless you ministry and cause a lot of people to pour themselves out in help and support (materially and spiritually) of this worthy ministry. Yours in Christ, Carlos
-------------------------------------
Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Successful New Year 2007
Wishes you Kimmo from the Land of Santa Claus.

The first time I came across with ICTA my heard was filled with joy. I
share your vision of spreading the Good News through tennis in this
world. All the best. God bless your work.
PS. I am in service as a pastor- and also have a calling from God to
spread the Best News through tennis. Take care Kimmo
-------------------------------------

Scotty, Melody, and Rachel

Merry Christmas from the Dinell family ( Ray-Schwans Man, Ali, Rachel, and Andie) !!
Thank you for the newsletter. It is exciting to see how your ministry is growing.
Here is an update on our family. We have made some significant changes this year.

First, we decided to homeschool. Several reasons motivated us to this decision....Christian education, flexible schedule around tennis tournaments, etc.. Even though homeschooling is more work for Ali and I, the benefits have been a more manageable lifestyle and I believe a better education. Andie (9) is in the fourth grade. Rachel (13) is in the 8th grade. The girls really are enjoying it.

Second, we have made some coaching changes with the girls, or I guess a more accurate description is "coaching additions". Even though ----- is probably the best city in the country in regards to tennis opportunities, the west side of town, where we live, doesn't have a lot of tennis. Ali is driving the kids 40-50 miles one way for their lessons and drills. This year we finally found a coach on our side of town that is EXCELLENT. Both his sons played college tennis. One played for Georgia and the other for Stanford. His philosophy toward the game/life is very balanced ( contrary to other coaches who think kids need to be on the court 5 to 8 hours a day ). We are still taking from our original (long distance) coaches, but are supplementing with the new (close to home) coach.

The results so far this year have been great. Andie will finish the year as the number one player in the state of ---- and the Southern Region in the 10's. Rachel is top ten in the state, and top 40 in the South in the 14's. More importantly, I see both their games improving.

Prayer Requests:
1. Pray that we keep tennis in perspective. Honestly, I struggle with the fact that we often miss church for tennis tournaments. It's not good. Andie is starting to attract a lot of attention from the USTA which is great, but also means more weekends away from church. I want my kids to be the best tennis players they can be, but not at the cost of making tennis their "god".

2. We are traveling to the Arizona after Christmas for the Super National and Copper Bowl. Please pray for our safety and that the experience would be a time for us to grow closer as a family. This will be the first time I have taken two consecutive weeks off work, since I started my job in 1984. I can definitely use the break.

Thank you guys for your ministry. Hopefully, I will see you this Spring down at the NASQAQ ( or whatever they are callin it this year).
Yours In Christ,
Ray D
-------------------------------------

ICTA
To Scotty, Melody, and Rachel

Merry Christmas!!!! I am ALWAYS blessed to hear about your ministry... I love what you are doing there and will always remember you in my prayers.

Jesus is smiling guys... and always remember that He is not coming back until every person has heard the Gospel... and boy do I want Him to come soon so we'll do our jobs, yeah? Uh-huh. I'll do my sarin' here, you do your sharin' there and we'll see each other if not in this lifetime, then definitely in heaven. =)

God bless you and your ministry. Have a wonderful Christmas.=)

Your sister in Christ, Kai =)

-------------------------------------

Please pray that I might bring Glory to the Lord by allowing God's
word to soak in to my life and allow the Lord to prune that which is not
of Him and truly be His loving disciple, whether playing tennis or any
othe sport, in season and out of season to love the Lord with all my
heart mind, soul, and strength.

-------------------------------------

Hello staff,
I am always inspired by your news. Is there anything we can do from Atlanta
to help support and spread the word about your great organization ? I
hope to visit someday in the near future. Have a safe and blessed
holiday.

Coach Jarvie
-------------------------------------
Dear Scotty,

This past year has been full of opportunities for blessings.....and the Lord sure has come through....as recently as this past week....all Glory to God.....grace and peace to all ...continued blessings in this upcoming year.......Vuyos con Dios.......(God be with you).....

Your fellow tennis brother
and brother in Christ........
From sunny so.California
Dennis N