Friday, December 29, 2006

Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Hello there! This is Scott Paschal, Ministry Director of the International Christian Tennis Association, writing to you today from beautiful Gatlinburg, Tennessee, right in the heart of the amazing Great Smoky Mountains.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few days in this outstanding mountain resort town. The place I'm staying at is amazing, too. I am so blessed to have a 2-story log cabin... think log home... in a place called Gatlinburg Falls to stay in.

The log cabin is fully loaded, including a pool table, hot tub, stand alone video game machines (85,000 high score on Galaga, which you can't do...deal with it), full kitchen, amazing balconies with views of the Smokies.

I hadn't been planning to be here, just kinda happened, which is nice. I'm writing a book, fiction based on spiritual armour, and had planned on writing in Florida while all of my tennis students are home for Christmas.

My friend, David Nasser, invited me here to Gatlinburg. He is one of the speakers at the conference. Nasser was here just the first day, then flew to Ft. Worth, Tx... then Chattanooga, Branson, Knoxville... I'll meet up with him in Lynchburg, TN at Liberty University where he will speak at their event. So great of him to invite me here. Tremendous to spend time with him, then enjoy the log home/town/conference. I've met so many wonderful people and have enjoyed the sites.

Today, I went to Ripley's Aquarium. What a cool place. Also headed over to the homemade candy place and watched the guy make different flavors of taffy. What a great place to spend the holidays for sure.

The speakers at the conference have been outstanding... Tony Nolan, Johnny Hunt, Josh McDowell, and David Nasser. The bands are Third Day, Newsong, Kutless, Hawk Nelson... awesome.

Most of you reading this have most likely never heard of any of these people. My hope is that God can use this blog to connect you with them in some way. Some of them I'll know, most I won't, but either way as I travel neat places I'll work to find internet access and take you along with me.

Before I sign off, I'd like to say a special hello to our visitors from the Middle East. We've noticed an amazing amount of visitors from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, India, Turkey, Pakistan... and I am really grateful to have you here.

So amazing ICTA is known in places that seem so anti-Christian to most Americans, yet when you write to me I realize how loving and kind people from these countries really are.

So many of you thank me for this ministry, though you are of a different faith. One Mom from Syria is negotiating with me to train her son, who is a top ITF junior. So amazing and wonderful.

God bless you.

Scott Paschal