Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Casting Crowns & Jeremy Camp

We're back home now in Palm Coast. What an amazing week and a great time of growth.

One of the highlights for me was driving back to Gatlinburg from Lynchburg with Nasser. We had a great time just hanging out in the car talking about everything, yet nothing. Kinda like sitting at a campfire.

Rach and Mel went to a conference, too! Actually 3, but they were all in the same place on different days. They ran Nasser's merchandise table for a week. They had a great time, plus made some $ to help cover tournament expenses.

This past week I was able to attend 3 Christian youth conferences in 2 different states, watch 12 different Christian bands, and listen to 5 world class speakers. This was better than any pro tournament I've ever attended. I had a great time and learned so much.

Casting Crowns is a Christian band I want to make sure I mention. I know 99% of you reading this have never heard of them. They led worship New Year's Eve at Winterfest. Mark Hall did an amazing job. Everything Hall did was so sincere and caring. The event was broadcast live on TV. What a great way to ring in the New Year.

The next day after David Nasser spoke, Jeremy Camp led worship. He was really fun. I hadn't heard of Jeremy Camp before. The 6000+ kids there sure had and really loved his music.

I hope you guys google these two bands and check out their sites.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, right now I'm kinda wiped from the drive home and lack of sleep, plus I've been sick all week, so after some rest I'll come back and show you the cabin and some neat pics.

Hope your New Year has been good. Checked out Passion '07 online, yet? Go to www.268generation.com. Follow the links to the video. I think each session is online for 24 hours. ICTA has a small group there. Chris D called today to check in with me and said he is having an amazing time.

Big Spring 2007 coming up! Huge, actually!

Please keep us in your prayers as we work to push back the darkness in the sport of tennis and shine His light.

God bless,

Scott Paschal